Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup Montana GF Naked Oat Flour Blend
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (either instant or from scratch)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sauté the onion, celery, peas, and carrots in the butter for 10 minutes.
- Add flour to sautéed mixture, stirring well, and cook one minute stirring constantly. (creating a rue)
- Combine broth and half and half.
- Gradually stir into vegetable mixture.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in salt and pepper; add chicken and stir well.
- Pour into shallow 2 quart casserole dish and top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 40-50 minutes until mashed potatoes are golden brown and filling is bubbly and cooked through.