Dean’s 5 Minute Stove top Method:
- Bring one cup of water to a boil
- Reduce heat to Medium
- Add 1/2 cup of Oatmeal
- Add honey, raisins, nuts, etc
- Bring back to a rolling boil stirring occasionally
- Then serve
I like to add Coffee Mate Irish Creamer but most coffee creamers will work also.
If you are in a hurry, Larry uses the microwave method:
- Place 1/3 cup of Oatmeal in a high sided microwaveable bowl
- Add 1/3 cup of water
- Add raisins, honey, nuts, etc
- Cook on high for 2 minutes
- Then serve
Yield: 4-6 SERVINGS
Prep Time: 30 MINS
Cook Time: 30 MINS
Total Time: 1 HOUR
- 8 oz. (about 1 3/4 cups) gluten free macaroni or other medium tubular pasta (like penne)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Montana GF Naked Oat Flour Blend (OFB)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika plus more for sprinkling on top
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 3 cups grated medium cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Pan-Crisp GF Rice Breading (From Montana GF Naked Oats)
- Boil the pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water to stop the cooking, and return to the pan you boiled it in. Set aside. (Mix in a little butter to keep the noodles from sticking if it’s going to be awhile before you make the sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the OFB, salt, dry mustard, pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika. Stir constantly over medium heat for about three minutes.
- Stir in the cream.
- Keeping on medium heat, whisk constantly for about 10 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, and stir in 2 cups of the cheese, stirring until melted.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the noodles and toss gently until all noodles are covered.
- Add half the noodles to a two quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle on half the cheese.
- Add the rest of the noodles.
- Sprinkle on the rest of the cheese, and dust lightly with the smoked paprika and cover with the Pan-Crisp Breading.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until it starts getting a slightly dry and a tiny bit brown on top. Serve, topping individual servings with cooked, chopped bacon if desired.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup Montana GF Naked Oat Flour Blend
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (either instant or from scratch)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sauté the onion, celery, peas, and carrots in the butter for 10 minutes.
- Add flour to sautéed mixture, stirring well, and cook one minute stirring constantly. (creating a rue)
- Combine broth and half and half.
- Gradually stir into vegetable mixture.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in salt and pepper; add chicken and stir well.
- Pour into shallow 2 quart casserole dish and top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 40-50 minutes until mashed potatoes are golden brown and filling is bubbly and cooked through.